Summer is full of amazing things, the sun, the beach, pool parties and BBQ’s but what’s not so amazing is dealing with the heat and with that, the melted makeup, smeared eyeliner and raccoon eyes caused by runny mascara.
So how do you sweat proof your summer makeup routine? Here are a few simple steps to keep you looking fresh faced and smudge free all summer long.
- Start with the proper base. If you’re oily, you might want to opt for a mattifying moisturizer. If you’re dry, try a hydrating serum with a moisturizer on top.
- Sunscreen should be worn all year long to prevent skin cancer as well as premature aging. Winter time and cloudy days are no exception as UV rays are present all year round, rain or shine. Mineral sunscreens containing titanium and zinc oxide are less irritating than chemical ones, but any sunscreen is better than no sunscreen so make sure you don’t skip this crucial step!
- Primer can benefit just about anyone as it creates a smooth base for your foundation to adhere to while filling in large pores and any fine wrinkles or skin imperfections that you may have. Jerome Alexander’s Liquid Silk Air Primer applied with our kabuki brush is a quick and easy way to create a flawless base for your foundation or powder. Our primer hydrates your skin while making your skin look radiant and smooth.
- In the summer, we feel that foundation is optional. The primer alone with a quick dusting of our Magic Minerals color correcting powder along with our CoverAge concealer on any dark spots or blemishes is all you need if your skin is pretty even in color. If you prefer a little more coverage, try our Magic Minerals AirBrush Foundation or our AirCushion foundation compact which which both provide a sheer, buildable coverage that feels weightless while evening out your skintone.
- Always finish your foundation with a light dusting of powder especially on areas where you might get oily such as your T-zone. If you have very dry skin, you can skip the powder.
- If you wear eyeliner, make sure you use a waterproof gel formula like our longwear gel eyeliner which won’t smudge and stays put until you remove it with a makeup remover.
- In the summer, we always recommend waterproof mascara to ensure that you won’t end up with racoon eyes due to heat or humidity.
- A light dusting of our Magic Minerals matte bronzer which also includes a light pink blush for a natural flush is great to give your complexion a warm, healthy glow.
- Finally, you will want to apply a lip balm with an SPF of at least 15 before you slick on some clear Jerome Alexander lip gloss to finish off your melt free summer makeup look!
We hope you found our melt proof beauty tips helpful and we are wishing you all a fun filled summer!