With the vast array of beauty products available in the market that promises to make your skin look flawless, radiant, beautiful and picture perfect, a girl can get confused as to what order she should apply the products and what exactly is necessary to create this model perfect flawless foundation look that everyone aspires to achieve.
It’s actually quite feasible to look your best every day by following a few simple beauty tips and secrets so you’re always ready for that next photo opp!
- Start with a clean, clear canvas. One of the most important things that many women overlook is the actual condition of their own skin. Your foundation can only look as good as the skin that lies underneath ladies! We recommend staying hydrated by drinking a lot of plain water with a squirt of lemon juice for added antioxidants which helps to plump up your skin and therefore minimizing any fine lines or wrinkles, exfoliating your skin at least once a week which will get rid of any flaky dead skin cells that will make your foundation go on unevenly or make your skin appear bumpy instead of smooth, and always using the appropriate serums, moisturizers and eye creams that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Use a primer. To make the most of your foundation, a good moisturizing primer is a must. Primer helps to fill in fine lines and fill in any large pores to create a smooth, even canvas for your foundation to adhere to. Primers really help to keep your foundation looking fresh all day and we love our Magic Minerals Liquid Silk Air Primer which contains hyaluronic acid and antioxidants to plump your skin and prep it for the next step…foundation.
- Next, choose a foundation that will work with your skin type and the type of coverage you are looking for. At Jerome Alexander, our Magic Minerals Airbrush Foundation, as well as our AirCushion foundation, are wonderful as they feel light on your skin yet covers all of your imperfections with a buildable coverage formula that you can adjust to your needs. If you are using an AirBrush foundation, you want to spray the foundation onto a kabuki brush then gently buff the foundation into your skin until you get the coverage that you need. With a water-based formula like the AirCushion foundation, we suggest using a damp makeup sponge to gently apply the foundation to your skin in light tapping motions starting from the center of your face towards your hair and jawline then blending into your neck for the most natural yet flawless look.
- After you have allowed your foundation to set, you want to take a creamy concealer like our CoverAge moisturizing concealer which contains a hydrating core of shea butter and hyaluronic acid to conceal any dark circles you might have under your eyes, blemishes and any other discoloration that you may have on your face. We recommend using a flat concealer brush to gently apply the concealer under the eyes and your fingers to tap the concealer onto other parts of the face.
- Now that you have your primer, foundation and concealer on, the final step to your flawless foundation look before applying your color cosmetics is a light dusting of powder to set the foundation and prevent any shine from coming through during the day. Our Magic Minerals powder is a perfect way to set your makeup as it contains color-correcting pigments that help to reduce any redness, sallowness or discoloration that your skin might have. Once you have set your foundation, feel free to get creative with your color cosmetics such as your blush, bronzer, eyeshadows and lipsticks, and remember, once you learn how to get your foundation to look amazing, it will only enhance the rest of your makeup as a flawless, radiant base is what make every woman look their very best!